Have you seen a sudden price increase in some airline tickets?
Or have they suddenly become cheaper after you purchased your flight tickets?
This is a global problem with all "BIG BRAND" and Airline websites
It Is fair to say that there is widespread confusion and frustration from travellers who cannot understand why flight prices change so constantly.
This group includes happy customers, too. But 99% such happy customers do not leave a positive review for taking an advantage of a lower fare.
But for travellers, who have to pay a fare difference or are surprised by a fare increase are the un-happy customers.
But it still seems crazy that air fares found one day so often are different the next.
We once had a customer tell us that it seems like every time they check a flight there is someone,
somewhere spinning a magic wheel that randomly lands on a price.
These questions are legitimate. If you are in the group that can't explain it, you are not alone.
And we would like to try to shed a little light on the topic.
How does it effect to AirfareExperts customers?
- Sometimes we call/email the customer advising the fare difference,
but if the difference is small (capped at $10, we honour the fare.
- Flights do generally get more expensive the closer you get to flight time.
This is because seats at the lowest fare levels sell out as a flight receives more and more bookings.
- The single biggest factor that determines the price of a flight is how heavily booked that flight is.
Empty flights have all of their lowest possible fares still available. On full flights, most of the lower fares are sold out.
So if you are travelling to a popular place at a popular time, it is even more important than usual to book early.
- Accept that fares can change at any time. We know this is frustrating and makes the process exponentially more difficult. But you just cannot assume that if you see a fare,
you have time to discuss it with your family over dinner and come back tomorrow to buy.
If you are committed to taking a trip, when you search fares you should have a target price in mind.
If you find flights that meet your parameters, grab them. They may not be there same evening.
- To make it easier for travellers, AirfareExperts.com offers free cancellation within 4 hours of reservation provided it is same date from time you have booked.
The 4 hour free cancellation does not apply if travel is within 48 hours of flight departure and is only possible if cancelled on calendare date ie., prior to 11:45pm EST on same day.